Prep-Coat® and Prep-Coat® SpecialPelleting Treatment over Primed Seed
What is Prep-Coat?
Our Prep-Coat is seed that is primed and pelleted. The result is a pelleted seed treatment that helps alleviate thermal and photo dormancy in sensitive species. The resulting pelleted and primed seeds:
- Are uniform in size
- Are relatively dustless, which is easier on planting equipment
- Split readily when exposed to moisture allowing oxygen to reach the seed immediately. This is important because germinating seeds increase their respiration significantly once the germination process begins.
- Germinate faster
- Increase seed lot uniformity allowing more uniform seedling emergence
- Greatly reduce heat induced seed dormancy
- Help to eliminate light sensitivity.
What is Prep-Coat Special?
Prep-Coat® Special is designed especially for lettuce seed varieties that are extremely heat and light sensitive. To create this product, we add an extra step during the priming process prior to pelleting.
We offer our Prep-Coat® and Prep-Coat® Special products in several denisty options so you can choose the weight that works best for your planting process. The options include Mini, Midi, LD (Light Density), MD (Medium Density), and HD (High Density). Please refer to the table below to determine the formulation that works best for you.
|Pneumatic planter seed plate
|Prep-Coat® Mini||112 x 218||14:1||35,000|
|Prep-Coat® Special Mini||112 x 218||14:1||35,000|
|Prep-Coat® Special Midi||11.5||16:1||28,000|
|Prep-Coat® Special LD||13.0||17:1||22,000|
|Prep-Coat® Special MD||13.0||25:1||17,000|
|Prep-Coat® Special HD||13.0||35:1||11,800|