PULSE® Prep-Coat®Organic Pelleting Treatment over Primed Seed
What is PULSE® Prep-Coat?
This is our organically primed seed put through the same pelleting process that is PULSE Gro-Coat®. Priming lettuce seed can alleviate thermal dormancy to give the germinating seedlings their best opportunity for successful stand establishment in high temperature planting conditions. Priming can also significantly increase uniform emergence of sprouting seedlings. PULSE® Prep-Coat® is the right choice when high temperature germination conditions are expected and when maximum uniform emergence potential is desired. PULSE Prep-Coat® is very popular from late spring through summer into fall.
In this process, the seed is primed and then pelleted. The result is a pelleted, primed seed that in certain species prevents thermal dormancy. Benefits include:
- Uniform size
- Relatively dustless, which is easier on planting equipment
- Split readily when exposed to moisture. These seeds break apart, which allows air to reach the seed immediately. This is important because seeds respire, they require both moisture and oxygen.
- Faster germination
- Increased seed lot uniformity allowing more uniform seedling emergence
- Greatly reduces heat induced seed dormancy
- Helps to eliminate light sensitivity.
Lettuce Pellet Density Options
We offer our PULSE® pellet products in several density options so you can choose the weight that works best for your planting process. The options include Mini, Midi, LD (Light Density), MD (Medium Density), and HD (High Density). Please refer to the table below to determine the formulation that works best for you.
|Product||Stanhay belt hole size||Ratio||Pellets/lb|
|Prep-Coat® Mini||112 x 218||14:1||35,000|
|Prep-Coat® Special Mini||112 x 218||14:1||35,000|
|Prep-Coat® Special Midi||11.5||16:1||28,000|
|Prep-Coat® Special LD||13.0||17:1||22,000|
|Prep-Coat® Special MD||13.0||25:1||17,000|
|Prep-Coat® Special HD||13.0||35:1||11,800|